Hello,
I have a software company-managed project. I have two boards created with the same saved filter, All the columns are showing up as they should but when I create an issue they don't show up on the board. Why is this happening?
Have you mapped your workflow statuses to the columns on the board? Is it only new issues that are not showing up, or are none of the showing? The first thing I would check is the status mapping to columns.
From my experiences, this has always boiled down to filters. Do you have a sub-filter? Does your existing filter yield the correct results on either board? When you create the issue, is it a supported issuetype which is not being filtered out? Is there any chance the status of the new issue is preventing the issue from being displayed? For example, our Kanban boards, as well as our Scrum boards, do not show brand new issues. We have a separate Kanban board for all our teams where we hold issues which are New, Refine, Groom, and only once we mark the issue Ready will it show on either our Scrum boards or our Kanban boards in their respective Ready columns... and additionally, to show on our Scrum boards, the issues must be assigned to a sprint.
Will need some further insights into your situation in order to be able to provide more assistance...
Are both boards Kanban boards?
Do you have the Backlog view enabled for the Kanban boards? In that case issues in a selected status will show on the Backlog screen rather than on the Board. The selected status is specified in the Columns page by dragging the status to the Kanban Backlog column.
Both are Kanban boards
This is a new project so there are no previous issues rather than the ones I am trying to add now
What steps are you taking to create the issues?
Are you sure you are creating them in the project that is included in the boards' filters?
Are you able to see the newly created issues by clicking on the Issue option in the panel on the left? If so, what status is shown for the newly created issues?
Do you have any statuses in the Unmapped Statuses area of the Columns page?
Thank you all, I found the issue. The filter I was using was wrong. It belonged to a previous project that had been deleted.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.