Hello,
I am the lead technical expert at a fully remote B2B consulting services agency. We provide consulting services to 15+ business clients which involve;
- Daily tasks that are automatically created as tickets in a Jira Software Project
- Longer-term projects that are created manually in a Jira Software Project
- Manually, weekly reporting on the progress of each type of task
I am not a Jira expert, just the most technically savvy manager and I have been tasked with reviewing whether Confluence would allow us to provide external reporting that is streamlined from our current process (Google Sheets / Toggl / Google Slides / Emailing to clients) and internal document control (Google Docs for SOPs). Potentially also using Confluence as a basic CRM.
I set up Jira Software for ticket management and have built all of the automations myself through Jira and Zapier but I don't know if I have done it in the best way possible, it works for the most part. I have a custom field on each ticket that populates the Client Name for reporting purposes.
What I would like to know from the community is;
- Can I use Confluence as a CRM, building a page for each Client and automatically linking all tickets to that page?
- Can I create reporting that the client sees, without giving them access to anything else?
- Can I build pages for Internal SOPs and link them to tickets or Projects?
- Is there anything I should know about Confluence or Confluence Apps?
- And most importantly; how much time would you recommend budgeting for setting this up? If I build a dozen Client Pages, reporting for each and around 15 Internal SOP documents, plus the initial setup and integration.