gitlab self hosted server and jira cloud integration using gitlab plugin in jira. i am able to connect gitlab self hosted url from jira using plugin but when i click link on group, giving error "Failed to link group. Please try again."* network connectivity is good* gitlab self hosted url is correct* gitlab self hosted version 15.10 which is good for it* also my user is owner of that groupI followed this document (https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/integration/jira/connect-app.html#set-up-oauth-authentication-for-self-managed-instances).how to fix it ?
I'm getting the same issue using GitLab SaaS Premium. Following the documentation, setup fails during the "Link groups" step. I can see the group, and my user is Owner of that group, but the linking fails without any explanation.
Same issue, check the request result to see more informations. In my case
{"message": "The Jira user is not a site administrator. Check the permissions in Jira and try again."}
Same here, and of course, I'm a site admin.
Did someone find a workaround? Will this be fixed?
I found a mention of this kind of issue in the documentation, unfortunately it's about "Cross-Origin Request Blocked" and not "The Jira user is not a site administrator", and no solution is provided.
I was able to fix this by creating a site-admins group in Jira and adding myself to it. Only the org-admins group existed.
I had exactly the same issue and we have spent 2 hours with the Jira & Git lab admin 2 weeks ago. We've seen this topic but not yet the solution !!! It works !!!!! Thanks !
I wonder why it hasn't been fixed.
yo bro, the best answer
Was there a fix that worked for you for this issue?
I have the problem, that I could link a group, but after this I am stuck.still there is this "setup code tools" in the sidebar…
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.