Hi there,
I'm fairly new to JIRA and JQL though I have a bit of a background in SQL and some coding, but I haven't been able to figure out how to achieve the below in the standard JQL filtering, but I'm hoping someone smarter than me can point me in the right direction.
The short version is that I'm trying to create a filter that will let me view our Roadmap view in the following way (because it's very busy with future planned work):
- All Epics that are in flight or due to start in the next two months
- Include all issues related to those Epics so that we can see them onscreen and continue to add more
The first part was fairly straight forward (with help from our product owner) and resulted in the following query:
project = INFRA and issueType = Epic AND status != done AND (duedate <= now() OR duedate <= 60d)
This reduces the view down to the Epics we're interested in, however is also eliminates the related issues.
What I've been trying to do is use the above Filter (it's now a global filter) to drive another query to give me all the issues who's parent is in the Filter, but alas, no dice!
If this is not possible without additional addons then that's fine, but if it is, I'd love to crack it!
Thanks in advance
Adam