Hello. I'm very new to Service Management so if my question is a beginner one and there is training/videos/etc. available to help me figure this out, please feel free to direct me there.
With that said, here is the situation I'm facing. We've just setup a portal for our users to be able to submit requests for assistance from our IT team. What we've done is gone ahead and built a Form called 'IT Service Request' and in that form, we have a dropdown called 'Problem Area'. That contains a list of the different items that our users can choose from:
New Employee Setup/Termination
MS Office
MS Teams
MS OneDrive
etc.
What I want to be able to do is, depending on the choice that is selected, I want to auto-assign these issues to the respective IT personnel to handle the given task. "New Employee Setup/Termination" to person 1, "MS Office" to person 2, etc.
Each of the people that we want to assign to has a Service Management license assigned to them, so that's already in place.
What I'm unsure of is how to setup the logic to handle the actual assignment. Is this something that needs to go into a Workflow for when the issue is created? Do I add Form automation to do this? Is it a combination of both of these? Am I looking in the wrong place entirely?
I tried using Form Automation and am trying to figure out how to build the advanced compare condition, but am unsure as to how to structure it. I thought it would be something like setting up an if condition and then comparing it against "{{issue.[Problem Area]}}" but that doesn't work.
Any advice - a solution, pointing me in the right direction of videos/training, etc. - would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
Charles