Hi Atlassian Community The problem is that we have some freelancers in our Service Desk where they can see all our customer tickets. But we want them to only see tickets from customer "A" for example. Is it possible? Best regards, Mustafa
Hi @Mustafa Aydemir - You'll want to configure Issue Level Security. Then you can use an automation rule like this:
Hi @Mark Segall I have tried what you have told me but when I am trying to make the automation I can't choose "my desired Security level".
Best regards, Mustafa
Did you follow all of the instructions in the link I provided in my last message? You need to configure issue level security and then the security levels you configure will be available to the rule. Also make sure the rule actor has the "Set Issue Level Security" permission in the permission scheme.
Hi @Mark Segall I followed the instructions in the link you send earlier. I have done all this. Check screenshot. I cannot enter the "scheme" I made in Issue Security.
Hi Mustafa
I am working as a pre-sales engineer at Exalate.
It is indeed important to maintain control over the data that your freelancers can view and receive. One solution to address this issue is by utilizing an integration tool called Exalate.
Allow me to elaborate a bit;
With Exalate, you have full control over what data is synchronized and shared between different instances. By using the JQL in Exalate, we can construct triggers to initiate synchronization based on specific criteria. In your case, you can set up a trigger to only send tickets from customer "A" to the freelancers. With Exalate we can do a "local" connection so it acts in the same Jira instance.
This way we are restricting their visibility to other customer tickets.
Hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask questions.
Have a great day!
Bonjour @Mathieu Lepoutre _Exalate_ It sounds like it's similar to Backbone. Can Exalate do it on a service management project where we minimize access to freelancers without combining a software/company managed project to service management project? Best regards, Mustafa
You can use a solution like Exalate in this case.
It can be used for Software Projects and even for JSM.
You may choose to share the information that is relevant to the Freelancer by creating a local sync and setting up triggers in such a way.
Please be known that I am associated with Exalate as a Pre-Sales Engineer.
Thanks, Dhiren
Hi @Mark Segall
- Yes to 1. It's a Company Managed Project.
- Yes. Here is the issue security scheme.
- When i try to create a issue I can only choose "internal security levels" on my admin account. I know that if I add admin on external security levels it's possible to choose between external + internal
- I have given permission to freelancers to be assignable user + transition issues. but it is not possible to do that. This is all got it as for now. I hope it makes sense. Best regards, Mustafa
@Mustafa Aydemir hi there. Just to add another option to the list of solutions provided - ZigiOps. It's fully no code (no need for scripts, code, no need for additional plugins). You can easily customize it to fit any use case - you have 100% control over the data transferred/synced between the connected systems and who can access it.
Feel free to look at it and drop us a line if you want to know more. We have a free trial so you can actually test it.
Regards, Diana (ZigiOps team)
Yes this should be possible to do indeed. Would you like to book a quick demo here so that we can actually do a dummy run of exactly what you are looking for.
Thanks
Majid
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.