I have a use case where a development team uses a subtask issue type to document production deployment steps for the work produced as part of the parent Story.
Unfortunately, production deployments do not align with our sprints (due to other factors outside of the team's control). The Done criteria of the Sprint is for the Story to be Deployment Ready. The Board is set up as such.
Unfortunately, since the Deployment Step subtask is not done at the time the Story is considered done for a sprint, I am unable to Complete the sprint.
We've considered many other alternatives for documenting deployment steps. I don't have details, but after a lot of analysis and testing, they came up with the subtask issue type as the best solution. However, this is a major snag.
Any ideas for how to get around it? Ideally, I'd be able to configure something so that these subtasks (or any subtasks) are completely ignored by Sprints. Unfortunately, I don't think that's the case. It appears that the Sprint field is automatically populated with the Parent issue's value and cannot be edited.