From the customer portal (JIRA ServiceDesk Cloud) , I can easily create a new ticket for a non existing client, using the "on behalf of" feature. This is really useful, and I would like to be able to create a new issue from JIRA Service desk project interface. But when I try to create a new issue from the project, for a new customer, I get an error:"The reporter specified is not a user." I refuse to believe that the customer portal is more powerful than the JIRA interface. So, I think that there must be an option to do this, that I am not finding. Can you please provide some help?
Hi Ignacio,
Lemme try help you.
You can create a ticket for a customer by JIRA.
image2016-6-8 18:52:48.png
Regards.
Lameck.
Hello Ignacio Prati, did it help you?
Lameck, I am having the same problem and tried your solution to create a ticket on behalf of a customer who is not in the system. However, I am still getting an error "the reporter specified is not a user."
Is there some other setup that needs to be done? Can you provide more detail on Step 3:On issue, put one option to Request Type to match with the Customer Portal.
Thank you!
Hello Deborah, as far I'm concerned is only this.
It's only this.
Did you try help with Atlassian Support?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.