I administer a JIRA OnDemand instance, and I'm having difficulties integrating some automation via the REST API. The integration checks the permission of its user account as a sanity check, and it's failing because the API is returning that the account has no permissions.
It turns out this is true regardless of what account I use, even it I access the API as my own account, which is in the administrators' group. To test, I'm accessing the permission data via
curl -U[user]:[password] https://[instance].atlassian.net/rest/api/2/mypermissions
and the output looks like this (it's much longer, but "false" is the value for every "havePermission" field):
{
"permissions": {
"ADD_COMMENTS": {
"description": "Ability to comment on issues.",
"havePermission": false,
"id": "15",
"key": "ADD_COMMENTS",
"name": "Add Comments",
"type": "PROJECT"
},
"ADMINISTER": {
"description": "Ability to perform most administration functions (excluding Import & Export, SMTP Configuration, etc.).",
"havePermission": false,
"id": "0",
"key": "ADMINISTER",
"name": "JIRA Administrators",
"type": "GLOBAL"
},
// ... etc ...
}Things I've already tried:
- Ensuring that "Allow Remote API calls" is enabled in system settings
- Experimenting with projectKey/issueKey/etc parameters, none of which seem to have any effect
Thanks