I created this Automation rule, however when I clone the Epic it not keeping the child stories. Rather the child stories are sitting in the backlog. @Mark Segall
Hi @Chandan Bhome
So your variable needs to be the issue key of the issue just created in the step above. The smart value should be this:
{{createdIssue}}
For your Create issue, you'll need to add the Epic Link or Parent field depending upon whether your project is a company or team managed project respectively. (If you don't see Epic Link as an option, you're a team managed project). Once you've added the field, you'll set it to this:
{{varEpic}}
@Chandan Bhome - You're close. The variable should include the curly braces:
Thanks @Mark Segall
I now see two epics being created. Once has the user stories linked to it and the other does not
Looking at your screenshot, I don't see how there are two Epics being created. It looks like the clone action (which creates the Epic) only creates one issue and then the create issue (which creates the child issues) creates two issues.
This wouldn't create a duplicate Epic, but one thing I do see is that you have Epic Link captured on the Clone Issue action which should not require this as Epics do not make use of the Epic Link field.
Removed the Epic link, however, still clone epic 1 with no child issues and clone epic - 2 with child issues.
i seem to have the same issue. its cloning the epic and the stories under the epic, but not attaching the cloned stories to the cloned epic. it's leaving them in the backlog. what am i missing?
please disregard. I figured out I had the wrong clone issue. I changed it to match your screenshot to clone stories and it's working perfectly now. ty.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.