Hi I have one epic and three sub tasks,
I want to block the comments for task so anyone can get overview at epic comments.
Thank you.
Hi @Saumil_Shah ,
Thank you so much for posting on Atlassian community.
To restrict comments on sub-tasks, you can setup a separate workflow for subtasks. And can use "jira.permission.comment.denied" workflow property on every status."jira.permission.comment.denied" workflow property is uesed to disable comments when an issue is on a particular status.
Here is more details : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-workflow-properties/Cheers !!
Hey @Saumil_Shah
I'm not sure to understand your problem, do you want people can comment your Epic or just read comment ?
In this case you can just modify your project permissions.
Let me know if it's the other case (post a comment just on Epic and not on others issue type)
Regards,
JM
By doing this, nobody will be able to add comments on sub-task. And user need to add a comment on Epic (Or parent issue) only.
I do have one epic and three task under that epic.
I want to make communication at one place.
So, I am looking for disable comments in task and enable in epic. So everyone can drop comments on epic.
Thank you. Let me try
Yes sure, let me know if you stuck some where. But it will work definitely.
Good luck !!
Hmm I think the best option in this case is to follow the advice of @Deepak Jain
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.