I have setup an automation to create a new subtask on the parent ticket when the status for a previous subtask has changed to a specific value. How can I set it up so the new subtask created is linked to the previous subtask? I've tried several different ways and I can't seem to get it to work. The new task will be created just fine but the two subtasks won't link to each other.
Hello Becky,
What kind of link do you have between these both subtasks ? Are they children of the task ?
In this case did you try to copy Issue link from the parent ?
Else let me know more informations about your problem
Regards,
JM
Hi @Becky Drake
For a question like this, it helps to post images of your complete rule and the audit log details showing the rule execution. Those will provide context for the community to offer ideas.
Without seeing your rule, I suspect the challenge is the order of branching and linking. Perhaps something like this would help:
Kind regards,Bill
Hi JM,
Yes, they are both children tasks on the same parent. I was able to successfully create a link between the new subtask and the parent but that's not what I wanted. I want the subtask that had a status change (that triggered the creation of the new subtask) to be linked to the new task, not the parent.
OK I think you failed to do it because there is no direct link between these two sub-tasks (you need to pass by the parent).
A solution, if you get only these two issues in your parent task, is to create your both subtasks in the same rule, to link the first created to the other with the "most recently created issue".
With a rule like that.
I hope this answers to your problem
JM,
Thank you, however, there are other subtasks in this parent ticket so I don't know that that'll work.
Hi @Bill Sheboy
Thanks for the suggestion! It would make more sense to show screenshots, you're right. I've included screenshots for my latest unsuccessful attempt above in my comment to JM. I have to do this a little differently since there are other subtasks in my parent ticket. I'm having to isolate a Status change for one subtask in particular.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.