I'm using the jira issue get api (/rest/api/3/search) endpoint to get all issues but the issue objects being returned do not have certain fields in the fields object like the "assignee" field which returns null and the "labels" field which returns an empty array. I have tried specifying that all fields should be returned by adding "*all" to the fields query in the endpoint i.e /rest/api/3/search?fields=*all and yet it returns the same results. How do I specify that the "assignee" field or any other field I want in the payload be returned in full?
Welcome to the Atlassian Community.
Assignee and labels should return in the response body as default. Have you checked permissions and whether there are values for these fields?
I am having the same issue, has anyone been able to understand why?
Try issue.AssigneeUser?.Email instead issue.assignee
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.