My organization is committed to WCAG 2.1 compliance. I would like to export to PDF and have the result be accessible. As of today Export to PDF functionality results in PDF files that do not pass Adobe Acrobat Accessibility Checker. It would not be feasible to use Acrobat functionality to make the PDF accessible, either. The Acrobat tools are not able to correctly tag the PDF, for example. Issues I have noted:
- does not include tags, and therefore no alt text or properly tagged tables
- does include doc properties (e.g. title and language)
I am aware of the existence of K15t Scroll PDF product.
I am aware of the following JIRA and question, but both of these are several years old now.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-45682
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Exporting-to-accessible-PDF/qaq-p/794107
Anyone have any newer information or updates? My development teams use Confluence for project artifacts and it would be efficient and effective for us to create and maintain product doc in Confluence as well, but any materials distributed outside the team must be WCAG 2.1.
UPDATE: Thanks for the response, my question is -- has anyone come up with any solutions for making PDF WCAG compliant? Has anyone been successful in this regard? (Open to third party solutions or "hacks").