How can I create an automation to trigger the creation of a task when a custom field is set to a specific value?
Hi @Becky Drake
I'll paste a screenshot below which summarises what I would configure for your scenario (I've used the Assignee field in this scenario), but essentially it'll be:
Trigger: Field Edited (choose your custom field)Condition: Field like xAction: Create Issue (Task)
Hope that helps - Steve.
Hey,
Based on your initial question and your comment you could replace the action Steve suggested with:
Hope this helps
Thanks, Steve! I still had an issue but that's probably because I missed an important step. The custom field is located in a subtask and I would need another subtask created on the parent ticket, how do I accomplish that?
Yes! Thank you. I was able to create another subtask on the parent ticket. Now I'm having trouble selecting the assignee.
Check the create issue screen for sub-tasks and make sure Assignee is present.
If it's not you'll get the error you're seeing.
Thanks, Laura! I was able to get it to work.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.