Hi All,
I have created a rather complex automation to get some numbers from the children below an Epic.
I have a custom field which I want to populate in my Epic.
I have Stories and tasks assigned to the Epic.
I have Sub-Tasks in some stories, not all.
In my automation I want to get the custom value from the sub-tasks, based on specific components set at sub-task level. I update the custom value in my story when the criteria are correct.
Then I check the tasks and stories without sub-tasks and also based on specific components, I update the custom value in my story or task.
(the above process I repeat for different components and different custom values)
At the end of my rule I want to take the sum of all stories & tasks in order to update the custom values in the Epic.
This last step doesn't work. In order to find the root cause, I added a Log Action, in order to see if the different steps are correctly executed.
As you can see in the screen shots below, the action log Steps 1 - 5 are correctly executed in the sequence of my automation:


As from step 6 the sequence is no longer correct, step 7 is firs then step 6 then step 8:

As last action log, you see the sum of the different custom fields based on a lookup issues. Which shows me incorrect values.
When we execute this last step with another automation rule which is only taking the sum of the custom values, we see that it is working fine:

So I think my last step is not working in my complex automation due to the fact the the sequence of my actions is mixed up.
Anyone who has an idea how to control this sequence?
Or who had experienced a similar issue?
Kind regards,
Günther