Hello,
I have been trying to copy components from Epic and add components upon story creation from a manually triggered automation.
I inspired my thinking from this tread : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/In-Jira-Automation-how-do-I-add-to-a-component-and-not-clear-the/qaq-p/2194124
I feel I am over thinking this, as this can be done with labels on cloud, and if i remember properly, can also be done natively on server.
I feel this is a super normal and common use case, if anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.
Kindest,
MB
Hi, @MB
You overcomplicated rule process. You just need to edit issue in rule, and set field component with value, copyied from trigger issue
Oh, sorry, I missed, that rule is triggerd by issue in Epic. Then rule is more simpler:
How do I add a component on the same process? I want to add and copy components on the same rule. Also, the 6 stories are created from a manually trigger automation.
So, user triggers the manual automation to create stories under his epic, stories should take the components from the epic, and add another one for these specific stories.
Regards,
Ok, let's describe it in steps:
Is it right?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.