I am attempting to configure field validation for Time Spent, resolution and testing steps but I haven't had any success. If I use the "Fields Required" validator for any of these fields, it will indicate and error whether or not time is logged for Time Spent or text is present in the Resolution or Test Steps field.
When the issue is in "In Progress" and before it can be moved to done, I need to verify the following:
- Time has been logged against the issue.
- There is text/documentation in the "Resolution" and "Testing Steps" field.
I would prefer not to make these fields "required" since I only need the data available for this specific transition.
I googled the topic and there were some suggestions around ScriptRunner but I don't believe it is available for the Cloud instance and I would not like to add additional cost to Jira.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.