How can I merge 2 Jira projects without losing reports already recorded on any of them?
Hi Mike - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
What do you mean by merge 2 projects? Do you mean move all of the issues from one project into the other project?
If so, you can do a bulk change function from a filter to Move the issues from one project to another. It will change the key from the first project to the second. For example, first project is ABC and an issue is ABC-123. And you move to project DEF. The new issue key might be something like DEF-543. It will simply use the next number in the sequence that is available.
Then you can update your reports to use the new project key.
Yes, I meant to move all issues from one project to another.
For example, Project ABC moved to Project DEF, while retaining or not losing reports initially recorded for Project ABC e.g sprint velocity, burndown chart etc
How do I update the reports?
So, part of the issue with moving like that is that Sprints will be unique to that project. So you would need to create a Sprint name that is exactly the same in DEF as it was in ABC. Same with Components.
But I would do a test of that with a single issue first to see what that looks like
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.