Not urgent, but it would be nice. I suspect the answer is 'No'. BTW, I seem to have difficulty adding tags to Questions I post.
Can you clarify your requirement?
Are you presenting a screen that includes fields during the transition, and you want to prevent editing of the fields at that time? If so, if you don't want fields edited during the transition then don't put those fields on the transition screen.
What problem are you trying to solve by putting fields on a transition screen when you don't want the fields to be edited?
Hi @Phil Bustin ,Yes you can do this with "Scriptrunner-Behaviours". You can find the detail information from the following link:behaviours-api example:
getFieldById("summary").setReadOnly(true)
Kind Regards,Nihat
Hi Phil,
Should the Summary field be able to edit for everyone after the issue is created, and you just don't want them to update the field on the transition screen?
Perhaps we'll get ScriptRunner some day.
In a transition screen, I want the all the fields you see in the screenshot below to be viewed by the Assignee because they provide important context, but the only field I want editable is the Required field 'Resolution Description'.
Transition screen:
Please see my answer to Trudy below. The Summary field happens in this workflow to be used strictly to indicate the function of the issue (a sub-task).
The user should review all of that before clicking on the status change. You should not be presenting so many fields in a transition field to make sure they are looking at them.
Is the user able to edit those fields before they start the transition?
If they are able to edit the fields before they start the transition, then why do the fields need to be locked while they are making the transition?
I somehow never looked at the view screen; always just went right for the transition.
The Assignee can update some of the fields in the view screen, and some not. I don't understand why that is.
While I understand the logic of allowing updates in the view screen and then removing them from the transition screen, I personally have needed context reminders when I transition issues. Maybe I have a short memory, but I've seen others express the same wish. It happens often enough that one is drawn away from completing a transition, and needs some reminders when returning to the task.
So for now, I'll consider removing updatable fields from the transition screen. If we get ScriptRunner (and we might), I'll likely make some fields read-only in the transition, if ScriptRunner works.
Please see my response to a similar answer by Trudy.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.