Recently I set up multiple user accounts, all having the same email address. No problem. Now when I try do this, I get an error There is already an account with the provided email address. This is a problem for us.
Hello, Bailey.
I supposed you are talking about an OnDemand instance. In this case, this was an intentional change and the e-mail address can no longer be the same for different users. The system will now need a unique ID for each user, which will be based on e-mail.
I hope this was helpful. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Cheers.
Hi Bailey,
A colleague of mine even opened an improvement request to get more info about this, but it seems like it won't be allowed from now on, as Jaime stated: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AOD-7292
Yes, indeed he is from my team and that is the information we have.
I have to pdate email addresses on our JIRA OnDemand instance and I am unable to update users with the same email address whose user names are assigned to multiple groups. When did this OnDemand change in JIRA go into effect? How can I use the same email address with multiple grroups in JIRA? Thanks.
This is so stupid that I can't add a JIRA user with same email address when there is already JIRA Service Desk customer having same email address.
I have my personal JIRA account, and I've had to create an account for a kiosk that we have up ('monitor') with read only permissions. And I have a couple application accounts that do some advanced reporting (using Jira's APIs). Frankly it is troublesome to create separate email addresses for all of my ijra accounts, and I'd like all notifications going to one address (as opposed to having to monitor multiple accounts).
There is a workaround for people that are able to use a gmail account, in that you can use the gmail "+" alias trick to define several email addresses that all deliver to the same account:
default account <username>@gmail.commonitor <username>+monitor@gmail.comapp1 <username>+app1@gmail.com
All of the above deliver to the <username>@gmail.com account, and you can use filtering within gmail to further priortize emails.
I'm coming from the other direction - Is there a way to configure unique email address in JIRA?(I'm using a dedicated server for JIRA)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.