Howdy team -
I am trying to figure out how to export a report that includes the 'Work Description' field that shows up when a user logs time against a Jira - they can enter a description of the time....I need to know how to extract that in a report but cannot seem to find that field when I expoert everything. Is this field hidden or something like this?Thanks!!
Hello @Maureen Gilchrist
Are you using Jira's native Log Work option or are you using a time tracking third party app like Tempo Timesheets?
Native Work Log
If you retrieve the issues in the Advanced Issue Search screen, and then use the Export option to export all fields to CSV, you will get the export of each Work Log entry including its associated comment.
Each Work Log entry in the export will include the comment, the time the work log was created, and the amount of time entered in the worklog.
Example:
There are no native reports to give you just a list of the work log entries. If you want that you will need to look at using the REST API or a third party app.
Thanks - I was looking more for a global extract, not on one issue.
Sounds like this isn't doable native so I'll pursue another avenue.
Thanks all!!
Hi @Maureen Gilchrist
You can try using Marketplace Apps like Clockwork Automated Time Tracking & Timesheets free or PRO.
Clockwork Timesheet provides you with a visible report with all users' Worklogs and descriptions alongside other exciting features on the Timesheet.
You simply need to break down the timesheet by Worklogs, and you would get each Worklog with the description.
You can also export this report as a CSV file where the description field is also available.
As shown below:
exported as :
Let me know if you require help getting started.
Thanks a lot!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.