I'm trying to add a picture to a custom field or screen so that way, whenever any ticket is on the screen with the custom field with the picture, the picture will show up as a reference.
Hi @John Vitone
Welcome to the community!
Out of the box there is no feature for this. You may want to look into the Atlassian marketplace and see if a vendor provides this functionality as a custom field.
Regards,
Fabian
@John Vitone -
Welcome to the Community. In addition to what @Fabian Lim stated, have to try to create a custom field (multi-line text format) and added to your JSM project. For your JSM project field configuration scheme, you need to change the field to use "Wiki Style Renderer". This type of setup, it will allow you to insert image(s) in the field.
Example - My custom field is "Environment" using this render
After I inserted an image to the field, this is what is showing in issue view screen of the issue
NOTE - the image(s) added to any of the field (Paragraph data type) using the Wiki Style Render, will also be associated as an attachment to the JSM issue.
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Hi @Fabian Lim
Thank you for the warm welcome, I'll look into the marketplace.
Best,
John
Hi @Joseph Chung Yin ,
Using the field type "Paragraph (supports rich texts)," I changed the configuration scheme to use "Wiki Style Renderer" but I still can't paste an image to the custom field in the edit screen. Could I be missing something or using the wrong field type?
Thank you for your help,
Can you take a screenshot of your specific custom field (Paragraph) via the Edit issue screen?
Best, Joseph
@Joseph Chung Yin The first screenshot is the edit screen and the second screenshot is the exact field type.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.