I successfully used {{issue.customfield_20232}} in an automation. What alternatives if any would also work?
{{issue.Development Manager.20232}} was unsuccessful, for example.
Try {{issue.Development Manager}}
Hello @Phil Bustin
What problem are you trying to solve?
To access a custom field with a smart value in automation you can use either the customfield_##### nomenclature or you can use the field name; i.e. Development Manager. You don't need to combine the field name and the numeric ID.
Just trying to remember how I used the field name correctly as a smart value before, since that's easier than looking at my list of custom fields and their numeric Id's, or selecting the field in Settings > Issues > Custom fields to find the numeric Id in the URL. (I should have examined my existing automations to find the answer, rather than posting a question.)
I also thought there might be more than one way to reference the name itself as a smart value, and I guess there is--either the name itself or preceded by "issue."
Hi @Phil Bustin
You noted this:
Context within a rule is important when referencing smart values, and so sometimes omitting the issue prefix can cause an unexpected result. For example, in this sample rule:
Kind regards,Bill
Thanks. I've stored this in my Development Notes document.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.