I've found a couple of similar posts, but they're not exactly what I'm looking for.
I am using Category in a JWM project because the "Group by:" options do not allow me to use Components or Labels or anything similar. However, I don't want to manually update every task and subtask when I assign a Category to an epic.
I want an automation rule that updates the children when the epic's Category is changed.
I am able to trigger a rule when the Category field changes. Then I perform a branch search for the following query:
parent in ({{triggerIssue.key}}) OR parentEpic in ({{triggerIssue.key}}) But I cannot figure out how to copy the value from the triggerIssue to these other issues; Category is not an option in the easy field picker and everything I try in the Additional Fields section throws an error.
To use the field in a filter, it's formatted as "Category[Category]", but using {{issue.Category.value}} appears to work as a smart filter.