Hey there, guys.
I have a question for you all about a problem I am facing. I am trying to find a way to assign a value to a custom field based on a reporter's email address.
Using the excellent community posts, I have been able to do this, but I am hitting the 65-component limit in automation, and I suspect that if I use a lookup table, I may well be hitting the 20-entry limit too (unless someone has a trick way of nesting them)
So here is the problem.
I have a JSM Project for an application that my company supports and we currently have 67 customers for that application. Each customer email the JSM Project using their company's domain names (we are restricting the domains able to log tickets in JSM using an allow list with those domains). However, I need to set a field for the name of the customer and a second field with their customer number, and I would like to set these values when the ticket is created.
My initial testing went fine, as I was only using 5 customers. I had two rules:
Rule 1: Sets the customer name using the on create trigger, looking at the reporter's email domain and setting the customer name field accordingly.
Rule 2: Sets the customer number using the field updated trigger and set the value based on the customer name.
This was awesome. Unfortunately, as I mentioned earlier, when I set the rest of the customer values up, I hit the 65 component limit.
Has anyone come up with a way to do this? I would prefer not to install 3rd party solutions but if I need to then I will look at them.
Cheers
Ben