Hi,I've been trying to install the Atlassian SDK without success.I followed the tutorial here: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/install-the-atlassian-sdk-on-a-windows-system/And have successfully installed and verified java 1.8 - with the command
$ javac -versionjavac 1.8.0_361
And after running the Atlassian SDK install, I see an error message when I try to run the version command to verify the install was successful.
$ atlas-versionbash: atlas-version: command not found
I read the plugin docs here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210950/atlassian-plugin-sdk-windows?tab=installation&hosting=serverand double-checked I have the expected version of JAVA (v8) which is also specified in the tutorial.I have also attempted to install the Atlassian SDK as an admin but without success.To be "belts and braces" I also rebooted my PC to be sure the SDK was running as expected but am still seeing command not found when I run atlas-version
Thanks in advance for any help to assist me in resolving this issue.
Hello @Steve
Where are you running this from?
$ atlas-version
I see the error you have is coming from bash so I assume this is on a linux system?
This along with your heading and the error confuses me though.
"I have also attempted to install the Atlassian SDK as an admin but without success."
None the less the SDK needs to be on the PATH for both linux and windows.
In step one the documentation describes how to configure the JAVA_HOME environment variable. This needs to be done for the SDK as well.
To confirm this is indeed the issue you can execute a quick test.
In your terminal (bash / powershell) navigate into the $ATLAS_HOME/bin directory and run atlas-version again.
If this works you can make the change permanent by setting the ATLAS_HOME variable and adding $ATLAS_HOME/bin to your path
Above ATLAS_HOME is just a synonym for the folder where you have installed the SDK
In windows one would write this as %ATLAS_HOME%
Extract of my .bashrc file. Note the PATH variable
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/defaultexport MAVEN_HOME=/home/graham/Applications/atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7/apache-maven-3.5.4export ATLAS_HOME=/home/graham/Applications/atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin:$MAVEN_HOME/bin:$ATLAS_HOME/bin
Hi @Graham Twine Thank you for your suggestions.I did as you indicate and navigated to the bin folder of the plugin and attempted the command again without success.
Steve@WorkPc MINGW64 /c/Applications/Atlassian/atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7/bin$ atlas-versionbash: atlas-version: command not found
I also ensured I added the env vars as you suggested. I've only shown images for ATALS_HOME and MAVEN_HOME as the java install works as expected. Any other suggestions would be gratefully received.Thanks
Hi Steve,
When running the command from the local folder can you try the following:
$ ./atlas-version
If you echo the path variable do you see the ATLAS_HOME is set?
$ echo $ATLAS_HOME$ echo $PATH
In both of the above I would expect to see this below somewhere in the output
/c/Applications/Atlassian/atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7
Try the following from your command line
$ export ATLAS_HOME=/c/Applications/Atlassian/atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7$ export PATH=$ATLAS_HOME/bin:$PATH$ atlas-version
NOTE: The above will only work for the current session so if you close your terminal and open it again or open a new terminal the above settings are gone.
The contents of atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7/bin are shell scripts so you can open them in your favorite text editor or print them to the screen.
What is the output of these?
$ cd /c/Applications/Atlassian/atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7/bin$ ls -lart$ cat atlas-version
Hi @Graham TwineThanks for your suggestions.I tried them all.If I echo the path, I see the expected result.And I see the expected files when I execute command
ls -lart
Noticing the file was named atlas-version.bat, I thought I'd try giving that a whirl in the terminal from inside the /bin directory.It runs fine. :-)
Steve@WorkPc MINGW64 /c/Applications/Atlassian/atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7/bin
$ ./atlas-version.bat
ATLAS Version: 8.2.7ATLAS Home: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7ATLAS Scripts: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7\binATLAS Maven Home: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7\apache-maven-3.5.4AMPS Version: 8.1.2--------Executing: "C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7\apache-maven-3.5.4\bin\mvn.cmd" --version -gs C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7\apache-maven-3.5.4/conf/settings.xmlApache Maven 3.5.4 (1edded0938998edf8bf061f1ceb3cfdeccf443fe; 2018-06-17T19:33:14+01:00)Maven home: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7\apache-maven-3.5.4\bin\..Java version: 1.8.0_361, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_361\jreDefault locale: en_GB, platform encoding: Cp1252OS name: "windows 10", version: "10.0", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"
So, I guess we can verify the files are not corrupt. This leaves the conundrum of why the .bat file isn't recognised as a .bat file and treated accordingly.
Windows eh?!? [sigh]
good news indeed.
Make the question as answered if you think it is complete.
Thanks for also posting the additional info for the git terminal
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.