Our customer would like a backup of their issue repository with all associated comments.
What is the recommended approach for exporting issues with the associated comments from JIRA OnDemand?
All information regarding that can be found at:Backing up and exporting data
And if they are worried about OnDemand automated backups:About Your Data
Cheers!
backing up and exporting data in JIRA OnDemand
Thank you for the reply. I confirmed that comments are included in the backup XML. Is there associated information or documentation for limiting the data to a single client?
I'm not really clear what you're asking, here; there is no concept of client in JIRA. The backups are all-or-nothing from OnDemand, there's no way to limit the XML backups.
By client, I meant "project". Simply put, I'm looking for a way to export all issues for a project, with their associated comments, from JIRA OnDemand, then ship the backup to a client where he can import them into a local instance of JIRA.
An all or nothing backup makes this more difficult.
We have just released the cloud version of the #1 poweful PDF exporter app, intuitively called Better PDF Exporter. It can export comments, of course, among all other issue details.
See PDF examples created with this app
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.