Hi,
I am working on a script to auto archive the Jira projects in Jira Cloud. Part of the script require identifying projects that are not updated in last 3 months. Is there a way to extract this information via JQL?
Hello @Susheela_Kushwaha
JQL is for getting lists of issues, not lists of projects. There is no searchable fields at the project level for the last time overall that an issue in that project was updated.
You can, however, extract a list of all projects using the REST API. The data returned for each project includes the last date an issue in the project was updated.
Thank you Trudy! Let me explore the REST API option. Appreciate your quick response.
Hey Trudy, I tried the REST API to filter projects by last updated time but it does not seem to work. Could you please help me fix it?
/rest/api/3/project/search?orderBy=lastIssueUpdatedTime
Both of the queries below are giving the same output:
/rest/api/3/project/search?orderBy=+lastIssueUpdatedTime
/rest/api/3/project/search?orderBy=-lastIssueUpdatedTime
Are you actually getting the lastIssueUpdatedTime attribute in your results? I am not.
I also now notice that the API says the expansion of the insight attribute where lastIssueUpdatedTime is contained is experimental, so perhaps it doesn't actually work yet. I have not actually tried it before. I don't actually spend much time working directly with the API.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.