Hi dear;
I need to get value of customer field and set it in other customer field on different ticket
if the reporter of the first ticket equal the value of a customer field in the second ticket.
the Triger is transition to a new status
I meant custom field
Hi Hussam,
Are these issues linked in some way already?
no they are not
Ticket A has a custom field and I need to copy the value to ticket B in custom field.
the Triger is transition of the ticket A.
I have to add condition which is the reporter of ticket A should be equal of the customer field of ticket B
But if there is no relationship between the two issues how do you know which issue to copy to?
what is I added a link between them (relate to) by automation rule, does it work?
Dear @[deleted],
This sounds like a job for Jira Automation with a Issue transitioned trigger (for when the status changes). I am not sure how to find the other issue to be edited though, that sounds like a challenge if the issues are not related in any way (like being linked or being a sub-task, etc). You can find out more about Jira Automation here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLKGNJ358oRmWJyABYKn9CcPlAaTqxfQ1
I hope that helps.
Kind regards,
Abraham
Thank you dear
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.