Good morning, everyone. How can I manage the default text in the description field when I open a new user story?
Hi Valentino,
What type of project is this? If Company-managed, you can add the text to the default value for the Description field. However, I would not do that!! The reason being that it would apply to all projects in your Jira instance, and I am sure you do not want that.
Instead, create a custom field that you will just use for the project or projects affected. Then add the default text to the default value for the custom field. Have the users populate this field instead of the Description field (maybe even remove the Description field from the Create screen and just leave it on the Edit and View screens.
Then, if you want, when the issue is created have that trigger an automation rule that copies the value of the custom field to the Description field. Then you can hide the custom field from the Edit and View screens if you like.
@valentino_castiglia You can add Default Value natively in team-managed projects. If you want to have the Default Value for a specific project and Issue Type, I recommend using Dynamic Forms for Jira.
Hi @valentino_castiglia as a third option although I like John's you could look into Scriptrunner and screen behaviours.
Hi @Jarosław Solecki [Deviniti]
When recommending a marketplace vendor product, please ensure that you disclose your affiliation to that vendor in your post wording. For more information about this, please see:
Atlassian Community online guidelines for Marketplace and Solution Partners
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Atlassian-Community-online-guidelines-for-Marketplace-and/ba-p/689723
Kind regards,Bill
@John Funk
I don't believe you cannot set a default value for the Description field in Company Managed projects. But you can do that in Team Managed projects.
If you can set a default value for the Description field in Company Managed projects, can you describe how that would be done? I thought it could be done only by using a custom field as described here.
My apologies, they have removed the Description field from showing up under the Custom Fields. And you shouldn't be setting a default value for it anyway as I mentioned.
@Bill Sheboy I am already labelled as a marketplace partner so that wasn't any hidden advertisement, but sure I could also specify that regarding the linked app to be clear with that. Anyway, @valentino_castiglia If you need any demo or support our team can help you with that so you can set the Default Value where you need it with our plugin Dynamic Forms.
@Jarosław Solecki [Deviniti] Hi ! @Bill Sheboy is correct in mentioning your affiliation with Dynamic Forms for Jira. You may visibly be a marketplace partner, but it is unclear with what partner (or company) you are promoting tools for. This is done to ensure that our members have a safe and authentic community experience. I recommend adjusting your profile username to include your company as outlined in the guidelines
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.