hi,
I am unable to create a task on a Team Managed Business board. I receive the error "Field 'summary' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."
Kindly assist.
Hi @Shena Goorawa ,
Welcome to the community 🙂
Add the "Summary" field for Task issue type in the project.
Ref-
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You will need to add the summary field back on to the issue type's "create" screen or field layout.
Hi
The summary field exists:
and tasks have been previously created on the board, its been a week now that we are unable to do so
Hi Manoj
This is a Team Managed Business Project - set up as a Kanban board
Hi Shena - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Try clearing your cache or using a different browser to see if that solves the problem. (Or open a browser session with Incognito).
You said "summary", not "Summary" in your error message, which suggests that you've got a second field called summary, which is not on the screen. Or it's a typo, you didn't copy and paste the error directly.
I think we need a screenshot of the error if the problem is not a "summary" field, and we need to know exactly what process you are going through when you get it. I've only ever seen that error happen when a remote call is made to create/edit an issue and the field is not on the create/edit screen.
Hi John
I did this, it still presents the error.
Also, this error is presented to every user that attempts creating a task
Hi Nic, i copied and pasted the error. But please see screenshot as requested:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.