Hi All,
I'm new to Service Management, and maybe this is a stupid question. But, here goes.
I'm helping our finance team set up Jira Service Management for a general inquiries inbox where they receive lots of different email. We're setting up filters so that some emails don't land in Jira. Stuff like updates from the bank, newsletters, etc. This is all working fine. Actual service requests are landing in Jira. Win.
What I don't understand is how does our email inbox get updated as we address and eventually complete the ticket. It appears as though we have to go back to the inbox and archive the messages; otherwise they just pile up there. This means we have to now do double work: Manage the inquiries in Jira AND manage the inbox. That doesn't seem right.
What I really want to have happen is that when a ticket is created in Jira it gets archived in the inbox. As a result, the only stuff current (unarchived) in the inbox are all the non-Jira stuff that we don't have tickets for. Is this possible?