Hello,
I am currently building an automation rule in Jira and it is not working properly. I have narrowed it down to 'Coverer' which is a user picker (single user) field.

Even though the field has a value, the automation rule is determining that the field is empty. As you can see from the below it is not empty and has me as a user.

In order to narrow this down I set up an automation rule to have it run if the field is empty, and the automation ran successfully.
I also removed the first if statement and it ran successfully if only looking at custom field 28912 (auto assign?). When the issue was reassigned it went to unassigned instead of actually assigning to the coverer in the user pick field and no name populated in the comment.
Has anyone else ever experienced this or have any recommendations? Any help is appreciated.