Hey everyone,
I'm using Jira software Cloud on an enterprise managed project. I have a structure of Epic -> Task -> Subtask.
I would like to create a rule so that when all tasks and subtasks are completed the Epic will be moved to completed as well.
Note: This rule must be triggered by a subtask, as the intention is not to manually modify the status of tasks and epics. They will be moved automatically upon changing the status of the subtask.
I currently have automations ready for all status changes triggered by subtasks except this one.
In short, I need:
Subtask moved to completed ->
Check if all subtasks are completed -> if so
Move task to completed ->
Check if all tasks are completed -> if so
Move Epic to Completed.
If this order is not followed, do not trigger the rule.
Has anyone done any automation of this type?