My question is for JIRA software NOT in cloud. (--> Its in the environment of my customer.)
Following situation:
I link issues with "is blocked by".
Example: Issue A is blocked by Issue B.
My assumption was the linking has an effect on workflow like:
Issue A is blocked by Issue B, that means I cannot move Issue A to "Done" before Issue B is resolved (because A is blocked by
.
So I thought it is similar to must have criteria, e.g. check off the acceptance criteria before moving it to "Done".
But so far the linking has no effect on workflow or rather what issue can be moved (or not) to "Done".
I have to add that this situation occurs in the JIRA environment at the customer, where I am a JIRA project admin, but no JIRA admin overall for workflows etc.
Is it a missing setting, where I would have to connect the links with status of workflow?
Or is it not possible in general?
In documentation I find information about linking issues, but not the consequence of that.
Best regards,
Georg