I am looking for a preferably free implementation of Microsoft Project preferably integrated with Jira.
Has anybody got a recommendation?
Many Thanks, Bernie
Hi @Bernard Clowes , thanks for your question.
For free, or already included if you have Jira Software in the cloud, you could try the Timeline view in Jira Work Management.
To be clear, it is not the same tool as Microsoft Project. However, you can view Jira data in a calendar format. You can have work breakdown structure / hierarchy of issues and you can set dependencies using issue links.
You can set up a team-managed project in a few minutes and see what you think. Otherwise, I think for something more powerful, you would need an app, something like Structure, Advanced Roadmaps / Plans or BigPicture.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Thanks for your prompt response Valerie - I appreciate it.
However I am looking for something a little more complex and more a al Project.
Regards, Bernie
Hi @Bernard Clowes , thanks for your response. As I said, I think for free, you will struggle to find anything that compares to MS Project. The closest you can get in Jira are paid solutions like BigPicture or Structure.
Guess I too had reached that conclusion Valerie...
Currently using Project Plan 365 which does a lot of what I want and is cheaper...
Was just wondering if there was anything better out there...
Thanks for you support, Bernie
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.