Someone, please correct me if I am wrong or have incorrect information as I would love to be wrong in my analysis. To me, it feels like in the marketplace, none of the apps are a great solution for providing both CSAT and NPS feedback via support tickets.
For now, I came up with a solution in Google Forms to accomplish what we are trying to do. In the end I would like to use SurveyMonkey (which we would need to pay extra for) or MailChimp (we already have a subscription but I cannot figure out a way to pre-fill some of the survey data via a URL). If anyone has experience with the mailchimp side of this I could use some assistance.
Here are the main requirements of what we are looking for:
Ability to choose not to send a survey on a particular ticket.
We want users to provide a score on a scale of 1 to 10 (for NPS and CSAT) to tell us about their experience with the platform as well as their support experience.
We need the email that goes to users to be branded with our company.
We would like each survey to be associated with a support ticket.
We want to be able to manually trigger a survey.
After demoing some of the major ones in the marketplace, it feels like we found problems with each one that I would consider showstoppers.
Surveys for JSM by ServiceRocket:
This was the tool I was favoring leading into when I started demoing.
Pros: I like that the survey is triggered via automation, which means we can control how and when the surveys are sent out (based on a JQL) or even sent out manually.
Cons: When the survey emails are sent out, they cannot be branded with our company logos, and the email customization is very limited. Customers would have no idea where it came from and which ticket it comes from. I reached out to support about this, and they provided this feature request ticket \ when I reached out to their support team about the issue. This was a big showstopper for us, and I've attached what the email to the customer looks like, which has limited customization.

Surveys for JSM by AppFire:
Highly customizable but limits on some needed features in the cloud, also seems like the most expensive of the bunch.
Pros: Highly customizable surveys.
Cons: Cannot offer surveys on a scale of 1-10 in the cloud (based on their documentation), is not as turnkey as the other solutions, and requires more configuration. I don't know if this platform meets the rest of my needs, but as soon as I ran into the con above, I stopped testing it.
Customer Satisfaction Survey for Jira by Candylio
- Seems like this company has two separate plugins, one for CSAT and one for NPS, and I didn't get as far as demoing it because of the fact that I ran into the separate packages.
For now, I am going to go with Google Forms (free solution) as it seems we can do everything we want via automation and then posting the comment with a link to the survey when the ticket is closed.
Step 1: Schedule the JQL to run every day. (still need to create a custom field caled SurveySent to track ticket on which the survey is sent)
project = "AS" AND resolutiondate < -2d AND project = "AS" AND status was not in (reopened) AND resolutiondate >= 2023-06-01 OR key = AS-13713
Step 2: Post an automated comment with a link to the Google Form. There is a feature in Google Forms that allows you to pre-fill certain fields, so I've set it up to pre-fill the ticket key and the reporter's email address.
