I would like to add a field, story points, to the view screen of an issue on my SCRUM board. It is in the default screen scheme. I can see it in the edit screen but not the view screen in the right panel. What am I missing?
If I understand this correctly, you will need to go to you "Configure Board" option. At the bottom of the left hand list go to "Issue Detail View". This is where you can manage what is seen on the View screen of the board.
Cheers!
Thanks Tom. What I now realize is that the value I enter for Story Points is labeled 'Estimate' on the screen and not 'Story Points'. So if you are using Story Points or Hours as your estimation, the value will show up here. Yes??
Is that a custom field you created?
@[deleted]- I have the same question but I can't follow your instructions - the setting descriptors may have changed.
The story points field only appears if it has a value. Is there any way to make it editable from this view?
No Problem Avida. I assume you have the correct admin rights to do this, otherwise get your admin to help.
On a scrum board it will be relabeled as "Estimate" (no, I din't know why)
On a kanban board it will keep the Story Points label.
For more help see this;
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-the-issue-detail-view-764478043.html
Also note from Atlassian;
"We're gradually rolling out a new issue view, which you may see on your boards and in your backlog. If you're using the new issue view, you currently can't configure issue fields. We hope to add this functionality back in the near future, but if it doesn't fit how you work right now you can turn it off under Labs in your profile."
Wow, it's been awhile... but I think I fixed that by giving it a default value of 0.
Oh yeah, of course! That's really clever Thank you.
Not sure how you all have done this. Story Points appears in the board configuration as being there but does not show up. I cannot set the value to 0 anywhere - it's not there on issue creation either.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.