I'm in a consulting organization where we have set up multiple "atlassian administrative domains" for our clients. I'm not sure what the correct terminology is here. We have a domain set up for each client. Some of our consultants work across several domains/clients and I wanted to know if there was a way within jira that there's a special syntax to reference an issue in anther domain? I realize that plain old URL/Web Link can accomplish this but we'd really like to set up a board/query capability that can span across multiple projects in several domains and have that available natively within JQL.
As an example:
Jim has a single email account, jim@jim.com, and have 6 jira projects that I have visibility to since I've associated in all 3 atlassian administrative domains to a common email account:
- jim@jim.com -> CompanyA@atlassian.net
- jim@jim.com -> CompanyB@atlassian.net
- jim@jim.com -> CompanyC@atlassian.net
The following projects exist:
- Company A: Project 1, Project 2
- Company B: Project 3
- Company C: Project 4, Project 5, and Project 6
Can I formulate a JQL query that can reference issues across all these companies/administrative domains and projects? If JQL doesn't have this capability, Is there a way can I build a board that has issues listed from Company A: Project 1 and Company C: Project 5 and Company C: Project 6? Does anyone have any recommendations has to how best to tackle this problem?