Hi there:
Not even sure how to formulate my question clearly which may be why I can't find any info on it:
I have two tables (Page Properties reports actually); for simplicity's sake:
Table 1: Projects
- Project Name
- Project Leader
Table 2: Sub-projects
- Name
- Parent Project Name (JOIN on this)
- End Date
What I'm looking for is a table report that concatenates the names of all the Sub Projects as a field of the Projects, e.g.
"Proj 1", "Jane Smith", "SubProject 1, Subproject 2, Subproject 3"
"Proj 2", "Joe Brown", "SubProject a, Subproject b"
That last field, I'm not sure how to accomplish. Of course my easy button would be to join the two and get an output like:
"Proj 1", "Jane Smith", "SubProject 1"
"Proj 1", "Jane Smith", "SubProject 2"
Etc.
But I'd like to aggregate on that 3rd column for my table display such that the example output above is 2 rows instead of the 5 that a simple join would generate (in fact, I'd use that 3rd column as links back to the page the has that page properties report).
Any tips and tricks that could accomplish this? Thanks!