As I am sure is very common, in my Confluence Cloud instance I have a huge number of mixed purpose pages. Some are of lasting value as "knowledge". i.e. documentation of large ERP systems we develop. But there's a whole host of pages which are of merely transient value - ideas, bug replications, Xmas party plans, ideas to add to our garden, cakes we've baked (I could go on).
A very common complaint from users is "we can't find anything". When we do a search, it returns pages which are simply not valuable "knowledge". If I want to understand some functionality, I don't typically want to know about bugs we fixed in that functionality 3 years ago.
I'm struggling to work out the best way to enable users to search only "knowledge" pages. I have a large number of uses very willing to add a label "knowledge" to every relevant page - but I am then reliant on users to know to filter a search for that label. I have many users very unfamiliar with Jira and need the very simplest search option. I've tried via automation to copy all pages with that label on to a dedicated knowledge space and then set up searches for that space only, but the automation I am finding very problematic for many reasons, not least it timesout on large pages with many screenshots.
I'm basically nervous that I am overlooking something really really simple.
Anyone have a similar challenge or any brilliant ideas how to approach this?
Much appreciation in advance