Right now on the project details page, within the "Project Type" field, only two values are available - "Software" and "Business". Can additional values be added? I clicked the link ( or I thought) in the documentation, but came up empty.
Hi @Thomas Sawyer
Short answer - no.
This is not an editable field, it just defines the type of project within Jira that has been created. Be it Jira Software, Jira Work Management, Jira Service Management, etc.
Hope that helps - Steve.
Thanks Steve. I was afraid of that. What I'm trying to do is organize automation rules. We have different "blocks" of project types such as custom web, ERP, etc. These blocks will have a group of automation rules relevant to them and some that are not. It's a pain to put automation rules in for each project, but we also don't like putting everything in globally.
@Thomas Sawyer in that case you'll definitely want to use Project Categories: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/add-assign-and-delete-project-categories/
You can group your automation rules using these as well!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.