I can't connect to our Jira On Demand instance (https://periscopedigital.atlassian.net/) using Atlassian Jira Connector 3.0.0v20110210 in Eclipse 3.7. The error just says, "Unable to connect to server" when I click Validate Settings in the Add Task Repository window. I know Mylyn generally works because we have an instance of Bugzilla to which it is connected. I know that my credential in Jira work as I can log in through the web. If I change my server path to use http instead of https I do get a "server has been moved" message so it looks like the connector is doing something. I also turned on "Accept remote API calls" in the Jira general configuration which I thought would fix it but didn't.
I think we are on a trial right now, could that be the issue?
Also, we are behind a proxy but, as I said, I can connect over http.