I'm trying to build team pages in Confluence and I want to mention the user only to add them to a list. I don't want to send them a notification since I'm just building their team page right now. Is there a way to do that?
Hi @Michelle Patricia Quinn welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I don't believe this is an option that's available to you as someone who's publishing the page (individual users can customize their notifications though).
If you're looking to add them to a list, perhaps just add their name without @ mentioning them?
KR,
Ash
yeah, that works as well. I wanted a nice link for other users if they wanted to email them but I guess I could just insert the email link. Thank you for answering!
No problem at all, happy to help
If you are using Microsoft Teams for communication, I came up with the idea to just insert a link, using a "Deep link to a Teams chat" with the mentioned person:
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users=martin.schneider@example.org
Example:Martin S.
Clicking on it will open a Webbrowser page where the user is getting asked to open the Teams app.
After confirmation and if the Teams user exists, a new chat will be opened with that person (that person won't notice this event until you actually submit a message).
Of course, this can be done with any other communication platforms as well, by just using their specific profile links.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.