Jira changes my display name from preferred to legal every time I log in. I have to manually change it back. How do I fix this? Thanks!
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
What does your Atlassian ID say?
Hi Nic. My Altassian account says Full Name: Tianhe Shen. Public Name: Benjamin Shen. But I want my name to always display as Benjamin Shen. Thanks!
Looks like you never got an answer here?
Having the same issue with Users in our org.
You'll need to change the full name on your atlassian account.
Jira isn't changing anything.
The Public Name field displays when using Atlassian public forums, such as this community forum (which is why your preferred name is displaying here). The only way to change the name displayed when using Jira is to have your administrator update your Full name.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.