I am setting up JIRA within my team at work - I was wondering if there was a way for someone to send an email and it goes into an inbox or request tab?
@Phoebe Long Welcome to the Atlassian community
Jira Service Management allows customers to send email to the service desk and those emails are turned in the a request. You can learn more about setting it up here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/receive-requests-from-an-email-address/
Thanks for this Brant - however, I'm more after an internal system. This is mainly a task that someone from another division needs to action. I read through the link above and it mentions an Atlassian email address that we can use but I can't find mine. Where would I find this?
It says "Your service project comes with a pre-configured cloud email address that you can send to customers to start using right away. You can also add one custom email address to link to an existing account (for example, the email address your team uses for incoming requests)."
- there are no instructions and its very unclear. Where do I find this email address?
@Phoebe Long On the page linked above there are many sub-articles that provide information on how to set up an email address, request types associated with the email address, etc. If you would like to know the address setup by default you will find it in the channels section in the left-hand navigation in the service desk.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.