Hello,I would like to change the subject of the jira ticket notification email
Do you know how to do this?
Thanks
Log in to Jira as an administrator.
Click on the "Settings" icon in the bottom-left corner of the sidebar.
From the left sidebar, click on "System."
Click on "General Configuration."
Scroll down to the "Email" section and click on "Edit settings."
In the "Default subject prefix" field, enter the new subject prefix you want to use for your Jira ticket notification emails.
Click on "Update" to save the changes.
After you make this change, Jira will use the new subject prefix for all Jira ticket notification emails sent from your Jira instance.
Hello,Thank you for your reply. I don't have the "Mail" section in my general configuration.
I am administrator of the Jira administration but not of Jira software, does that change anything?
Yes you will need to be an admin for Jira Software
Hi @Julie SANTINI
I don't think it is currently possible to change the subject line of the notification email in Jira Cloud without a third party app. It has been mentioned as a restriction for Cloud here (see entry "Customizing email content").
Hi @Michel Neeser
Thanks for your answer. What kinf of app can i use to change the subject ? Do you have an idea ?
I have no experience with apps like this, but a quick search in the marketplace brought me to this app which seems to be able to modify the emails.
@Julie SANTINI If the answer helped you, please consider accepting it, maybe it is helpful for others as well. Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.