I have an project and I cannot find where to see, which project typ it is.
Which type did I choose when I launched it.
Can you please help me?
Thank you
Hi @Bata
I personally like to use the project overview to determine the project type. Go to "Projects > View all projects" in the navigation at the top. Here, you should be able to see the type of all your projects in the fourth column:
You can see it in the upper, left hand corner. For example, the screenshot below shows a project that is of type "Software project":
HTH,KGM
Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ,
thank you for advice, but I do not see this in my project. Can you see it in my screenshot?
Sorry, I don't. Maybe the German (or whatever language it is) is throwing me off.
You can also go to Search - Switch to JQL and there run this query:
projectType = software
and if cff tickets show up, then your project is if type "Software project". Or run projectType = business.
Does that do the trick?
Best, KGM
Thank ou @Michel Neeser
We are getting closer. There is written "Geschäftsprojekt" (business project) OK
Ok - I understand now, my question should not be "what Kind of project?"
My question should be, what kind of "project template" was choosen?
Because seems like they all are named "business" in the overview.
@Bata I don't think it is possible to directly determine the project template used after creating a project. A template is basically nothing else than predefined issue types and statuses.
What you could try though is to click through the templates in the list while trying to match the issue types and statuses of each template with your current project (only works if your project has not been extensively modified yet).
So, click on "See details":
Then compare the template properties with your current project to identify the template used:
That project type text appears only for Software and Service Management types of projects, where the navigation options appear in a panel on the left.
When the navigation options appear across the top of the screen and include items like List, Board, Calendar, and Timeline, that is an indication the project is a Work Management project.
GReat! Thank you @Michel Neeser I did see that before! I guess I understand the issue now! Thank you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.