I need to provide access to an integration contractor to a Jira project, and the project admin would like the contactor to access only the ticket that the contractor himself creates and be able to do most things on the ticket.
I created a separate issue security level with "Contractor" and "Organisation", and granted most permissions to the project role (contactor), but this role doesn't have the "Set Issue Security", since I thought this would allow him to modify the issue security.

But it says in the documentation that:
In this case, I selected the default issue security level to be Organisation, so that the rest of the org can continue creating their tickets as before.
But if the issue is set to the default security level, the contractor would not be able to see the issue he just created.
Does this mean I should give the contractor role "Set Issue Security" permission? And since the "Org" issues shouldn't be visible to him, he would not be able to modify the Issue Security Level anyway?
What is the best practice approach for this? Thanks!
Are there other approaches for this? I was told this could be done by just a checkmark in Zendesk.
Thanks!